The world sure could use some.
1. Buy a cake for any birthday. The person will no doubt protest but the secret smile when he/she sees it, says it all.
2. Get a drink for a friend at a party. There is just something special about standing around while your beverage is transported to you.
3. Physically pat someone on the back for a job well done.
4. A sincere word of thanks at the end of a telephone conversation can negate the majority of bad feelings generated during the call.
5. Offer to share food or drink with colleagues even though you know that they will decline.
6. Call someone up at appropriate times when they are sick. They will remember it.
7. Do not call someone during meal times. Nothing more annoying than when you have to talk with your mouth full.
8. Hold the door for a total stranger.
9. Offer your seat to a stranger on a bus.
10. Lead a stranger to his/her destination if you are going the same way. Better still if you are NOT going the same way and have time to spare.